For the Love of Reading!

After our lil monster's arrival... I never could find the time and patience to read books again....after having read the Harry Potter series from J.K. Rowling and the Inheritance Cycle  from Christopher Paolini...and halfway through  The Fellowship of the Ring ( Lord of the Rings - part 1) by J.R.R. Tolkien ...and many many more singletons....I was looking for something exciting n gripping to get back into reading...

Some months ago we got hooked to a TV series about Shiva.. Devon ke Dev - Mahadev...a God who is more believable...a man with extreme power, skill, courage...someone who didn't just smile and do magical things...someone who could love...who also had extreme anger and showed his rage ...unlike the always smiling and gentle Brahma   and Vishnu....
I ain't a very religious person...that is I don't believe in idol worship on the face...I do believe there is a supreme power above us all...above any explanation.....but the character...the strength...the depth and intensity of Shiva intrigued me....so I was curious...to know more...and I started looking for a Shiv puran in English...

My dad told me about these books...not really Shiv Puran...a combination of myth and fiction...a Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi...a series of 3 books very popular in India recently..he even sent me the 3 ebooks (thanks to his good friend)...but I somehow forgot about them amidst all the other noise going on in life...until today ...when I suddenly stumbled on them by mistake while looking for something else in my hard-disk...and the curiosity was back...

So I have started reading the 1st book of the series by the name Immortals of Meluha ...and it is gripping as of now...I am only hoping it gets better and is as good as people say it is...for now I am just glad I am back...to reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World of 2040 for Our Children

The Flubber Gak

Diwali - The Festival of Lights