Making Time to Craft

Very often we find ourselves (including me) make this excuse for not crafting..."Where's the Time?" And now that I have started on my blog and the facebook page (a lil more actively), a lot of my friends are actually wondering "HOW?" and calling me "SuperMOM".

Well I've been there, so I thought I'd share my feelings with you'all. It was months ago that one of my friends also on maternity leave (like myself) discussed the topic of blogging with me. And the only unknown there was - "about what?". We aren't really whiz women or professors of any sort that we could enlighten the world with something new.

But it is not about new. Nor enlightenment. 



The crafting bug has forever resided deep inside of me. I just brought it out at times, played with the little thing and then imprisoned it again deep down inside. It made me happy when it was out. But I never could find the time to let it free. But if we do not have time to do the things we love, what are we doing it all for anyway?

“Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso

And then one fine day(months ago) my BFF liked a page on Facebook that looked really creative. And I followed. And I spent hours and hours going through the crafty ideas they had. 

They had so many awesome DIY and Craft ideas...they inspired me to create.play.enjoy ! And then I got hooked, searched the net, found so many other crafters/bloggers/mums doing incredible stuff. And all this was what the little craft bug inside of me needed. To grow, to flourish!

Its out now. I play with things. I look at simple things differently. The household junk is garbage nomore. Everything seems to have a use or more. 

Initially, my hubby darling was sceptical. Or maybe he wasn't noticing the change at all. But then I guess something showed in my eyes or mood or whatever. He supports me now, even encourages me to take new projects up. His interest fueled my dreams, it inspired me to break free. And while I got these new wings, I noticed my daughter with a the same spark in her eyes. To create, to play, to try new things. 

So there was no looking back. With everyone in my family feeding my Krafty Bug (which of course started with my parents, to hubby dearest and my princess n the lil monster too now) it came out as this lovely little blog on the World Wide Web ! :)

As for time, you never find time. Its like sand, always slipping away. You love something bad enough, make time for it. A project doesn't have to end in a day. Use the short idle half an hour u have to start something. Continue every time u can get back to it. At least that's how I began. And of course I choose the fun kids activities to do during the week, so the kiddos get their fun n me my craft fix (and the immense pleasure of seeing them smiling n enjoying).

 I made time. And now I am here. I am here because I am Happy. I am here because I can do what I LOVE. And I am here to share the Love and Happiness ! <3

TKM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World of 2040 for Our Children

The Flubber Gak

Diwali - The Festival of Lights