The Love I Feel For You!


The day of love, they say is Valentines
To show your love, for the love of your life
But how do I express, the lifetime of love
In all but one day, when it is in fact in every single day

Flowers and presents, lavish dinners and frills
Is not what proves our love for each other
It is the tiny little things of everyday
That say how you love me and me you

Love is felt and is not shown
By the way you look at me
The way you play the balancing act
And let me be completely me

Love is in our cheesy fights, of screaming and making up
When you say no more and just come up with a warm hug
Its in the duties that you take upon yourself
Like feeding the dog, or the kids and I
Mowing the lawns or putting the bins out
Packing the school lunches and even fixing mine
For not waking me up and letting me snooze
When I am tired and doze off during the day
For understanding my needs, today and always

I love you today and I love you everyday
For being my pillar of support
Whether for a career or family decisions to take
For your confidence when I am low
Your calmness in my storms
The space and time to engage in my dreams
Or just to run around town with the girls gang
For our complementing parenting, that gives us both a chance
To be the good one who spoils, or the disciplining bad cop
For all the other littlies I might still not notice
Because after all we're just 17 years in the process

No words can define
No greeting can hold
No present can put a value
On the Love I feel for you!💕






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World of 2040 for Our Children

The Flubber Gak

Diwali - The Festival of Lights