The Edible Finger Paints

My princess loves painting..so nearly everyday she asks me to do some sort of painting...but mostly I end up refusing because of my lil monster...he wants to eat n throw everything...so I can only imagine the mess he'll create if we paint while he is up...not his fault..he is just curious about new things..that is how a 14 month old should behave...

So anyways... I came across a finger paint recipie online...n then there were numerous....so I decided to take it on with n for my kiddos...

Here's what we did....

Ingredients..
1/3rd cup flour
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon sugar
Food colorings

1. Mix the water, salt and sugar and heat on a low/medium flame in a pan.
2. Add the flour and keep mixing. Dissolve any lumps.

3. Heat the mixture on medium and keep stirring until the desired consistency is achieved. I kept it a little flowy as my kiddos are especially fond of messy painting.

4. Once desired consistency is achieved, divide the mixture into 3/4 different jars. 

5. Now add a few drops of food colouring to each jar. We found adding more food colouring gives better results on paper later.

And DONE ! Lotsa fun for the kiddos and I really didn't mind if the lil one wanted to experience the taste ! ;)

Comments

  1. Hope it doesn't get messy. The children would be enjoying this fun activity to the hilt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Popular posts from this blog

The World of 2040 for Our Children

The Flubber Gak

Diwali - The Festival of Lights